

- What camera metering mode (evaluative/matrix, center-weighted or spot) did I use for each image and why?
I used evaluative for all of my photos because my subjects were not all centered. After editing them through cropping, my subjects are more centered, however, when originally capturing the subjects, they weren't in the center.
- What white balance settings did I use for each image? I used a cloudy white balance for all of them because the subject was not being lit by my light source. For the indoor photo, where the subject is in front of a window light, the ambient lighting of the room was low enough for the cloudy white balance to work. For the outside photos, it was cloudy, which made sense to keep it on that setting.
- Do I have a strong composition? Give specific support as to why/why not. I think I do have a strong composition. For each photo I used different compositional elements such as leading lines, framing, and centering.
- What would I do differently if I shot this assignment again? If I were to do this assignment again I would use a different subject. I could have been more creative with what I was capturing and how I would frame it.
- Do you think your photo(s) should be considered as one of the best from your classmates? Why or why not?
No, I don't think my photos should be considered as one of the best because I feel that I need more practice to really master the art of framing subjects. It is not easy to capture compositional elements in a photograph because you have to be creative and accurate at the same time.


Caterina,
ReplyDeleteI especially loved the framing on the rose shot. Did you take the photos after class? It looks like you went above and beyond. Great work!
Let's talk more about white balance. I think you may be confused about it based on your answers here. Let's clear it up in class.