Black and White Portrait w/Bounce Flash Post

sooc: 



  • What challenges did you encounter photographing and editing this image?  I was very out of my element while shooting in SF. I didn't feel like I had the time to carefully adjust my settings and pick the best place for my subject. The sunlight ended up backlighting my subject. 
  • How did you overcome these challenges? Using Lightroom, the black and white filter helps to even the uneven lighting on my subject. 
  • What side of the reflector (white, silver, black, or gold) did you use to bounce the flash and why? How did it affect your image? I used the white reflector because it was the most convenient during the time. I didn't want a gold, warm feel, and the white option was available in the location we were at.
  • What setting did you use on the flash? (TTL or Manual) I used the flash on the manual setting.
  • Do you like your image in black and white or color more? Why? I do like the photo in black and white more because it seems to focus on the subject more rather than the background.
  • What would you do differently if you did it again?/What would make it better? I would choose a different location where the sun wasn't backlighting my subject and I could see the effect of the bounce light better.

Comments